Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Fabulous Flickr











(Week Three)

#5 Discovering Flickr

Well, I've had a bit of a look around on Flickr, but I decided to take my camera into work and snap a couple of shots of my own and upload them to my blog. Above left is my first snap: My favourite books and authors. Above right is my second attempt: My computer mates. They sit on top of my work computer and supervise.

I had a bit of trouble when I uploaded my first photo - it was too big for the screen and I couldn't work out how to make the image smaller, so I ended up deleting it and starting again. I'm sure there's an easier way! I had similar trouble with my seond photo - expecting it to be displayed at the bottom of this post, not at the top. So I seem to be having some trouble with the layout of text and photos in the one post. I'll just have to keep on playing with it!

I can see that Flickr could be great for those who have friends and family far afield and want to share their wedding photos, or holiday snaps. I need to play around a bit more and become more familiar with it and its possible uses.

#6 Flickr fun

I also checked out some Librarian Trading Cards, had a go at creating one of my own and uploaded it to my Flickr photostream. I still have no idea what you'd use it for, though!

#7 Technology and me

When I first started working in a library, we we still using the pocket & card system. Gradually, we gained a computer or two, became automated, learned how to surf the net, and email replaced the fax. Our current technological challenge is improving our library's very basic website.

On the home front, I'm also connected to the net, download photos from my digital camera, do my banking and some of my shopping online, as well as some further study. I'm still working out how to download photos and videos from my new mobile phone to my laptop, but I'm sure I'll get there sometime soon....

1 comment:

whitedog said...

well done, I knew you would be able to upload photos on to your blog as you have download so many other photos. Keep looking around flickr and you may be surprised what you will find.